Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Government Job

A guy called Chris drives all the way to CANBERRA so he can apply directly to the Government for a position with the Public Service.

The interviewer asks him, "Have you been in the Armed Services?"

"Yes," he says. "I was in Vietnam for three years."

The interviewer says, "That will give you extra points toward employment" and then the interviewer asks, "Are you disabled in any way?"

Chris says, "Yes mate 100% ... A mortar round exploded near me and blew my testicles off."

The interviewer looks sympathetically at Chris, "O.K. I have the discretion to be able to employ you right now. So when can you start.”

Chris is ecstatic, he looks at the interviewer and says … “For real, that’s great, I can start whenever you want me to.

The hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Chris you can start tomorrow, so I’ll see you around 10:00 A.M."

Chris now looks at him puzzled and says, "If the hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. then why do you want me to come in at 10:00 A.M."

"This is a government job.", the interviewer says. "For the first two hours we sit around scratching our balls..................................................... no point in you coming in for that."

No comments: